Davis Ogilvie is searching for an enthusiastic, motivated senior engineer to lead the civil team in their Nelson office.
Are you someone who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Geotechnical Engineers, Surveyors and Planners? Are you looking for life work balance and a wide range of complex projects?
This position could be for you!!
We are searching for a civil engineer experienced in infrastructure design, roading, water, stormwater and wastewater. The type of work is varied ranging from small residential developments, to commercial sites and large scale engineering projects. We are looking for someone who can work in a dynamic and energetic environment. The ideal applicant will enjoy working with clients, contractors and local authorities, and will be offered excellent remuneration and a great work life balance.
To be successful in this role you will ideally need:
• To be a Chartered Professional Engineer (or close to)
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in infrastructure design or land development and have a relevant tertiary qualification
• To be familiar with relevant New Zealand standards, in particular engineering code of practices in the Tasman region
• An understanding of 3D design using Autodesk Civil3D
• Experience with stormwater and water modelling software such as SSA, EPANET and HEC HMS
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage time effectively and take control of your own workload and projects
• A fun and outgoing personality