Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Civil Engineer to join the team and lead the Civil Department of our Nelson office.
We require someone who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Geotechnical Engineers, Surveyors and Planners. The type of work is varied ranging from small residential developments, to commercial sites and large scale engineering projects.
We are looking for someone who can work in a dynamic and energetic work environment and seeks to deliver value for their clients. The successful applicant will be a Chartered Professional Engineer, or close to, and will be offered excellent remuneration and a great work life balance.
We are aiming to get a civil engineer experienced in infrastructure design, roading, water, stormwater and wastewater. The ideal applicant will enjoy working with clients, contractors and local authorities.
To be successful in this role you will ideally need:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in infrastructure design or land development and have a relevant tertiary qualification
• To be familiar with relevant New Zealand standards, in particular engineering code of practices in the Tasman region
• An understanding of 3D design using Autodesk Civil3D
• Experience with stormwater and water modelling software such as SSA, EPANET and HEC HMS
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage time effectively and take control of your own workload/projects
• A fun and outgoing personality