Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and talented Structural Engineer to join our Nelson Team.
We require someone who has strong communication skills who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Structural, Geotechnical, Civil and Environmental Engineers, Surveyors and Planners. The type of work is varied including both residential and commercial developments.
The ideal applicant would possess the following skills:
• A relevant degree in structural engineering.
• Have a minimum of 8 years experience, including 4 years of relevant New Zealand experience.
• Member of Engineering New Zealand, preferably CPEng or preparing an application for Engineering Chartership
• Experience using New Zealand design codes (loadings, concrete, steel, timber, masonry etc).
• Previous experience with design of new build residential and commercial projects.
• Reporting capabilities for various residential and commercial properties.
• Strong focus on client relationships and business development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an acute attention to detail.
• Construction monitoring and contractor supervision experience.
The position will be primarily office based, however site work involving site inspections and construction supervision will also be required.
The position has flexibility to be full time, or part time and could also involve a combination of work within the office and from home if required. This can be discussed further during the interview process.