Davis Ogilvie is proud to have been involved in bringing this 9 star home to life. The building is a compact yet, spatially aware, modern two-story dwelling. This home incorporates a range of features which maximise efficiency in regulating heat and energy consumption, as well as enhancing comfort, health and wellbeing.
Using international materials and building methodologies, this high performance home demonstrates international best practice. Davis Ogilvie’s involvement involved liaising directly with owner and French Architect Julie Villard throughout the design stage of project.
Features of this home:
- Prefabrication construction utilising cross laminated timber (CLT) panels and steel portal frames.
- Hybrid composite floor consisting of CLT with concrete topping slab to provide thermal mass.
- Recessed thermally broken window frames with high performance glazing.
- Underfloor heating throughout both levels of the house.
- Wood fibre rigid external insulation, New Zealands first wood fibre insulated house.
- Breathable membrane in walls which controls vapour diffusion.
- Passive and active ventilation systems.
- Energy efficient LED lighting.
Davis Ogilvie’s involvement involved liaising directly with owner and French Architect Julie Villard throughout the design stage of project. . Our involvement in this project included the following:
- Structural design of the CLT roofing, wall panels, first floor panels and mezzanine flooring, including all supports and connections.
- Structural design of the steel beam along the outside edge of the main level exterior deck.
- Structural design of the bracing for the house ultising the steel portals, CLT and ground floor GIB lined walls.
- Structural design of the house foundations.
- Structural design of the timber pole retaining wall adjacent to the road end of the house.
- Structural CAD drawings including plans, sections and details prepared for building consent with the Christchurch City Council and construction.
- Producer Statement PS1 package with inspection schedule, structural specification and calculations for submission for Building Consent.
- Construction monitoring throughout the construction phase.
You can find out more about the superhome movement at this link https://www.superhome.co.nz/