Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Geotechnical Engineer/ Engineering Geologist to join our busy Nelson Team.
We require someone who has strong communication skills who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Geotechnical, Environmental, Civil and Structural Engineers, Surveyors and Planners. The type of work is varied ranging from residential and rural development, to commercial sites and large scale land development projects.
Our search is for a qualified and experienced geotechnical engineer who can comfortably work with a wide range of commercial and residential developments.
The successful applicant will be offered excellent remuneration and a great work life balance.
To be successful in this role you will ideally need:
• A degree qualification in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology.
• Have a minimum of five years of relevant New Zealand experience.
• Be a recognised Chartered Professional member of IPENZ, or a Professional Engineering Geologist.
• Experience with slope stability analysis, liquefaction studies and foundation and pile design.
• Ideally knowledge of and experience with Contaminated Land assessments under the National Environmental Standards Contaminated Soils (NESCS)
• Experience with construction monitoring and subcontractor supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an acute attention to detail.
• Have a desire to lead the team, mentor junior staff and motivate individuals.
This position will be a balance of office and field work and will involve working with both our geotechnical and environmental engineering teams, as well as a range of clients and contractors.
The position has flexibility to be full time, or part time and could also involve a combination of work within the office and from home if required. This can be discussed further during the interview process.
Davis Ogilvie has been established for over 85 years and has offices around the South Island; with a staff of 90. We provide our clients with a wide range of professional engineering, surveying and planning services