Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd wishes to appoint a Principal Structural Engineer for our busy Nelson office.
Our search is for a proven professional who can be part of a dedicated team working on a wide range of commercial and residential developments.
We require someone who has strong communication skills who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of structural, geotechnical and civil engineers, surveyors and planners. The type of work is varied including both residential and commercial developments, bridges and civil structures.
The successful applicant will have:
• A tertiary qualification in engineering, preferably from New Zealand
• Be a Chartered Professional Engineer (or near to applying for CPEng)
• Have a minimum of six years of relevant New Zealand experience
• Experience with commercial and residential design, quality control and construction supervision
• Experience in current New Zealand design codes, seismic assessments and MBIE guidance documents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an acute attention to detail
• Enjoy working with clients, contractors, architects and regulators
This key role is a full time permanent position, which offers excellent remuneration, a subsidised health insurance scheme and coverage of Engineering NZ subscriptions and ongoing CPD requirements.
If you are someone who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Civil, Structural, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineers, Surveyors and Planners then this role could be for you.