Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd has an 80 year history of helping to develop communities in New Zealand. Covering structural, civil and geotechnical engineering, land surveying, resource management and environmental science it has built a reputation for using collaborative processes to create excellent solutions for its clients. They are now looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to join the team.
The Principal Civil Engineer will take overall leadership accountability for the Civil Engineering Team and will oversee and coordinate large scale and multi-disciplinary, commercial and residential projects throughout the South Island. The Principal Civil Engineer will develop and lead a solutions focused civil engineering service; working closely with clients and local authorities. It is a senior role, that requires a combination of technical talent and delivering value to clients.
To be successful in this role you will ideally:
• be a Chartered Professional Engineer, having a minimum of 5 years’ post CPEng experience ideally in land development or infrastructure design;
• be familiar with relevant New Zealand standards, engineering code of practices and regional plans;
• have strong stakeholder management skills; enjoy developing working relationships with clients, developers, services providers and local and regional authorities;
• have proven experience leading and mentoring a team of technical professionals;
• have great communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work successfully in a dynamic and energetic environment.
In return, you will be rewarded with this unique opportunity to contribute to the continued success of this well-established and progressive organisation. Sound like you?