At Davis Ogilvie our people are the key to the success of our business. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience throughout our South Island offices, with civil, geotechnical, and structural engineering, land surveying, planning and contaminated land teams.
We have a great opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our busy Christchurch Team.
We require someone who has strong communication skills who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Engineers, Surveyors and Planners. The type of work is varied including both residential and commercial developments, bridges and civil structures.
Our search is for a qualified and experienced structural engineer who can comfortably work on a wide range of commercial and residential projects.
The ideal applicant would possess the following skills:
· A New Zealand degree qualification in structural engineering.
· Two to three years of relevant New Zealand experience.
· Experience using New Zealand design codes (loadings, concrete, steel, timber, masonry etc).
· Experience in residential and commercial design.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an acute attention to detail.
· Construction monitoring and contractor supervision experience.
The position will be primarily office based, however site work involving site inspections and construction observation will also be required.
The role is a full-time permanent position.