Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Intermediate Level Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join their Nelson Team.
We require someone who would enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary practice of Geotechnical, Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineers, and Surveyors and Planners. The type of work is varied ranging from residential and rural development, to commercial sites and land development projects.
The ideal applicant would possess the following skills:
• A degree qualification in geotechnical engineering or post graduate qualification in engineering geology (or similar).
• Have a minimum of three years of relevant New Zealand experience.
• Experience with site investigations and undertaking soil sampling, testing and analysis.
• Experience with slope stability analysis, land/subdivision development, liquefaction studies, and retaining wall and foundation design.
• Experience with construction monitoring, supervision and contractor liaison.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an acute attention to detail.
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
The position will be a balance of office and field work.
Davis Ogilvie has been established for over 85 years and has offices around the South Island; with a staff of 95. We provide our clients with professional planning, surveying, engineering and project management services.